The Art of Glass Cutting is simply that, an art. It is fascinating, exciting, and empowering when you are successful; when you are not, it can stop you in your tracks and be very expensive. With a few simple tricks, and patience, you can master the 'Art of Glass Cutting'.
Instructor Gregg Mesmer will focus on basic techniques, circle cutting, curves, strip cutting and more. There will be plenty of time for practice and personal attention! After demos, conversation and practice, you will go home having a better understanding of techniques and tools that will make cutting glass a breeze.
- This class is open to all levels and is a prerequisite for some classes and for using the studio during Open Studio sessions.
- There will be a $10 materials fee included in your registration fee.
- Remember to wear close-toed shoes & long pants in the Glass Studio at all times! This is a strictly enforced safety policy. Thank you.
- BARN is practicing safety measures for the health and well-being of all participants, in accordance with state and CDC guidelines. Overall BARN safety policies are here.
- Tuition assistance is available. Please click here before you register to fill out our simple form.
Instructor: Gregg Mesmer, of Mesolini Glass Studio. He and his wife, Diane Bonciolini, both recognized with the 2015 Island Treasure Award, moved to Bainbridge Island in 1977 and started the iconic Mesolini Glass Studio. They have been working in the art glass industry professionally for decades. Their expertise, however, goes beyond glass cutting to inclulde other types of fabrication; all aspects of creating stained glass art; copper foil, glass fusing, public art and teaching.
Over the years they have worked on many community Art in Public Places projects such as Bainbridge Beach Glass Quilt, the Waypoint beach glass project, Rotary Centennial Park, as well as others. Many of their projects include school age students on the Island and beyond. Gregg has taught for Northwest Art Glass, the Bainbridge Parks District, and Olympic College.