**This workshop will be live streamed via Zoom.**
Discover the simple quilt-as-you-go method that makes it fun and easy to finish beautiful projects fast. In this project class you will learn to sew your fabric directly onto a batting base then add backing before attaching a modern facing. TADAAAA! You’ll be done before you know it. We also teach you an incredibly simple technique to be able to turn your project into a wall hanging in 1 step… we’re not kidding!
Skills or Knowledge Required: Entry Level, Ages 14+ Welcome
You should know how to thread and stitch a straight line on your sewing machine… we’ll show you the rest.Supplies students should bring:
- Cotton fabric strips 1”-3” wide (Random or coordinated colors); enough to cover 4 (four), 6.5”-square blocks placed diagonally
- Batting (lightweight) - 4 (four), 7” x 7” blocks
- Backing fabric - 4 (four), 7” x 7” blocks (in color to coordinate with front blocks)
- Facing fabric (matching backing fabric) - 4 (four), 3” x 3” blocks; 4 (four), 2” x 12” strips
- Sewing machine with microtex or quilting needle
- Straight stitch plate (if your machine has one)
- Patchwork foot (or 1/4” foot) not required but encouraged if you have one.
- Hand sewing needle
- Neutral colored 50wt (all purpose) thread
Optional Kit Available from the Shibaguyz - $25.00: Includes Batting, Cherrywood Hand Dyed Fabric strips, Cherrywood Hand Dyed Fabric blocks, neutral-colored 50wt Aurifil thread, Clover hand sewing needles. To order click here. Please order soon to allow enough time to receive your kit.
- Registration will close on Monday, May 24th at 1:00 pm.
- This class will be conducted via Zoom. For a great video on how to use Zoom, watch this tutorial. Please make sure you have the most current version of the Zoom software.
- A Zoom link will be sent one day before the start of each session to the email address you registered with one day prior to the class start. Please watch for this email. You may need to check your spam folder for emails from BARN.
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to apply.
Shannon and Jason Mullett-Bowlsby are the dynamic DIY duo known as the Shibaguyz. Their award-winning crochet, knit, and sewing designs have been featured in and on the covers domestic and international publicationsand their craft, portrait, and fashion photography has appeared in books and magazines around the globe. The Shibaguyz have published 10 books of crochet and knitwear patterns including Complete Crochet Course – the Ultimate Reference Guide, Designer Crochet, and Crochet Geometry. Their latest book is titled Boro & Sashiko: Harmonious Imperfection from C&T Publishing.
The Shibaguyz have been teaching adults for 20+ years. With their mastery of subjects from crochet and knitting to photography, spinning, sewing, and quilting, their enthusiasm, quirky sense of humor, and relatable teaching style have made them sought after teachers in both local and national venues such as STITCHES Events, Houston Quilt Festival, Pacific International Quilt Festival, and the Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network (BARN). They also have a wide range of online classes available from Craftsy and Creative Spark Online. The “edu-tainment” experience of a class with the Shibaguyz will leave you informed, empowered, and in stitches (see what we did there?).
Shannon and Jason live in Seattle, Washington with their three Shiba Inu who, more or less, support their ventures as long as enough time is taken for walks and treats.
Shannon and Jason's Social Media Links: