**This workshop will be live streamed via Zoom.**
Abandon all quilt templates ye who enter here…
Enter a magical world of wild abandon where we sew using our eyes and decision-making skills instead of store-bought patterns. In this class we will teach you to develop your critical eye and fuzzy logic skills needed to create your own contemporary abstractions of iconic quilt blocks. Learn how much fun it is to sit down and create a quilt block with no written pattern.
No previous quilting experience necessary! All you need to be able to do is sew a straight line. Beginners are strongly encouraged to attend.
Let’s turn some of your favorite classic quilt blocks all wonky.
- Sewing machine,
- Fabric scraps in all shapes and sizes
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat
- Fabric scissors
- Quilting ruler
- Neutral colored thread in top and bobbin (we recommend at least 50 wt)
- This class will be taught via the Zoom video conferencing program. For a great video on how to use Zoom, watch this tutorial.
- A Zoom link will be sent to the email address you registered with one day prior to each session. Please watch for this email. You may need to check your spam folder for emails from BARN.
- If the class fills, please click on "Join Waitlist" (there is no charge to do so) to get your name on the list in case there is a cancellation. We will also email all those on the waitlist should this class get scheduled again.
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to apply.
- Skill Level: All levels, beginners welcome.
- Ages 14+ Welcome.
Shannon and Jason Mullett-Bowlsby are the dynamic DIY duo known as the Shibaguyz,the inspired creators of Shibaguyz Designz studio.
The Shibaguyz’ award winning crochet, knit, and sewing designs have been featured in and on the covers of dozens of domestic and international publications. Together, the Shibaguyz team currently has over 300 published patterns and 11 books credited to their name since their first design was featured on a magazine cover in 2010.
Their fashion and portrait photography work can be seen in four of their books. They are sought-after freelance book-packaging designers having created books for major publishing companies like Sterling Publishing, Leisure Arts, and Creative Publishing. The Shibaguyz have been teaching adults for 30+ years. Their enthusiasm, quirky sense of humor, and relatable teaching style have made them sought after teachers in both local and national venues like STITCHES Events, Vogue Knitting LIVE, and DFW Fiber Fest. They also have a wide range of online classes available from Blueprint and Interweave.
Shannon and Jason are proud ambassadors for Aurifil, Clover, BERNINA, Soak Wash, and the Daylight Company. They are working on a new book with C&T Publishing. Look for it in December 2020.
Shannon and Jason live in Seattle, Washington with their three Shiba Inu who, more or less, support their ventures in sewing, stitching, and crafting… so long as enough time is taken for walks and treats.