**This workshop will be live streamed via Zoom.**
This class is an easy and simple approach to Tuscan cooking focusing on uncomplicated and good food that will impress your family and friends. Working online from his kitchen, Bob Ross will be creating four classic Tuscan dishes with you. The recipes will be sent several days in advance and with procedures to be ready to cook when the session begins. Basic kitchen knowledge is suggested. Come ready to cook, learn, taste and enjoy. This is a live, hands-on cooking class held in your kitchen via Zoom and meant to be as interactive as it would be in the BARN Kitchen.
Participants are encouraged to bring friends or family in at the end to eat what has been prepared and discuss the class. The recipes used are generally geared to serve four individuals.
We will be employing the ‘mise en place’ approach in this class which is a French culinary phrase basically means everything in its place and ready to go when we begin the class. It will be important to have read and be familiar with the recipes before class and have ingredients measured out ahead and all necessary cooking utensils at hand and easily accessible. This will allow all of us to cook and enjoy at relatively the same pace.
The menu is as follows:
A Late Summer Tuscan Dinner
Classic Handmade Pesto
This will be served with the gnudi
Ricotta and Spinach Gnudi
Gnudi is a first cousin to gnocchi but considered much more traditional to Tuscany
Sweet Peas with Onions and Pancetta
Option here is for participants to drop the pancetta if wanting to be a vegetarian meal . . . still good!
Panna Cotta with Blackberry Sauce
For the equipment and ingredients list please click here.
All recipes will be forwarded along with a wine pairing suggestion a few days ahead of the class date. We will be asking you to prepare the simple Panna Cotta recipe a day or 2 ahead of the class. During the class we will make the blackberry sauce that will accompany this desert.
- The registration for this class will close on September 24th.
- This class will be taught via the Zoom video conferencing program. For a great video on how to use Zoom, watch this tutorial.
- A link will be sent to the email you registered with for prep work that will need to be completed prior to the start of class. Please watch for this email.
- BARN reserves the right to cancel this class in the case of low enrollment and a full refund will be given.
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to apply.
- In gratitude to our members for their continued support during the closures, BARN is offering all classes for free to BARN members through December 2020. Members are still responsible for paying materials and mailing fees, where applicable. If a class is full, please add your name to the wait list in case a space opens up or we are able to offer another class. Check our calendar frequently as more classes are being added each week!
Bob Ross is a landscape architect, garden designer and inspired home cook who has traveled to and worked in many places, absorbing local cultures, history and terroir. A Loeb Fellow at Harvard’s Graduate School of Design, he spent a few years in North Africa working on a project that afforded opportunities to travel and explore Europe, eventually leading to a passionate connection with central Italy, its people, food, and gardens. He shares a unique perspective that blends simple Tuscan cooking, renaissance gardens, and ornamental terracotta.