**This workshop will be live streamed via Zoom.**
Join Chef Meloni Courtway for a berry season bonanza to celebrate local flavors and ingredients in their prime. Via an on-line ZOOM class you will prepare together with Meloni a strawberry and shrimp salsa, the Perfect Pie Crust for a berry galette. Scout out the best berries at your local Farmer’s Market or farm stand the weekend before, or pick them in the wild as they come into season. Bring them back to your own kitchens for this hands-on cooking class. Watch and follow-along as you turn these seasonal market treasures into a beautiful and flavorful appetizer and dessert.
This is a live, virtual hands-on cooking class for adults and/or children all from the comfort of your own kitchen. Meloni’s class will be fun, interactive, hands-on and entertaining. Follow along, ask questions, interact with others just like you would if you were in the BARN Kitchen.
An ingredient list and recipes will be emailed in advance so that you can decide which ingredients you will need to purchase before class.
Students will need:
Medium Size Frying Pan
Tongs or Cooking utensils
Measuring Cups and Spoons
- This class will be taught via the Zoom video conferencing program. For a great video on how to use Zoom, watch this tutorial.
- A link will be sent to the email you registered with to join the Zoom online meeting. Please watch for this email.
- The class will include a live cooking demonstration of several recipes, interactive discussions, handouts, recipes, lots of tips and tricks — all from the comfort of your home. When you login our chef will do introductions and start the class. There will be lots of cooking tips and tricks sharing and demonstrating.
- Registration closes on August 21st.
- BARN reserves the right to cancel this class in the case of low enrollment and a full refund will be given.
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to apply.
Meloni Courtway is a professionally trained chef, published food writer and certified teacher of culinary foundations and consumer sciences at Woodward Middle School on Bainbridge Island. As owner of Courtway Catering, a small event company dedicated to making cooking skills and team building part of every kitchen, she has taught intimate in home classes and large scale farm workshops, as well as catering events. She has written for Gannett and New York Times publications, and was one of the New York Times first paid food bloggers (at least 100 years ago). Meloni loves working with kids and adults as they explore their own power and capabilities in the kitchen. She also loves pie.