*This workshop will be live streamed via Zoom.**
You’ve learned the essentials of Hitomezashi Sashiko … now push your skills to even more exciting heights. In this class, we’ll use modern woven stitch techniques and layer them into intricate designs using multiple colors to achieve depth and excitement in your sashiko stitching. If you love sashiko, these woven patterns are going to thrill you! Ready for the next level? Here you go!
Prerequisite: Sashiko Essentials or equivalent
Supplies needed: ring thimble with plate, Sashiko needle, 12-weight or Sashiko thread (3 colors to make your piece pretty), 8” x 8” fabric swatch, marking pen suitable for the swatch, thread snips, graph paper, pencil, ruler. Optional kits and supplies to purchase available at: shibaguyz.com. Order by May 28th to ensure your supplies arrive on time!
- Registration will close on Saturday, June 5th at 1:00 pm.
- This class will be conducted via Zoom. For a great video on how to use Zoom, watch this tutorial. Please make sure you have the most current version of the Zoom software.
- Class time is Pacific Time
- A Zoom link will be sent one day before the start of each session to the email address you registered with one day prior to the class start. Please watch for this email. You may need to check your spam folder for emails from BARN.
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to apply.
- Ages 14+ Welcome
This class is part of our summer Sashiko series. Here are the classes coming after Hitomezashi Woven Patterns 2:
Take all of them, or take just one! Enjoy!
- Moyouzashi – Key Forms
- Hitomezashi – Non-Traditional Grids 1
- Moyouzashi – Non-Traditional Grids 2
- Moyouzashi – Asanoha
- Moyouzashi – Circular Patterns 1 and 2
Shannon and Jason Mullett-Bowlsby are the dynamic DIY duo known as the Shibaguyz,the inspired creators of Shibaguyz Designz studio.
The Shibaguyz’ award winning crochet, knit, and sewing designs have been featured in and on the covers of dozens of domestic and international publications. Together, the Shibaguyz team currently has over 300 published patterns and 11 books credited to their name since their first design was featured on a magazine cover in 2010.
Their fashion and portrait photography work can be seen in four of their books. They are sought-after freelance book-packaging designers having created books for major publishing companies like Sterling Publishing, Leisure Arts, and Creative Publishing. The Shibaguyz have been teaching adults for 30+ years. Their enthusiasm, quirky sense of humor, and relatable teaching style have made them sought after teachers in both local and national venues like STITCHES Events, Vogue Knitting LIVE, and DFW Fiber Fest. They also have a wide range of online classes available from Blueprint and Interweave.
Shannon and Jason are proud ambassadors for Aurifil, Clover, BERNINA, Soak Wash, and the Daylight Company. They are working on a new book with C&T Publishing. Look for it in December 2020.
Shannon and Jason live in Seattle, Washington with their three Shiba Inu who, more or less, support their ventures in sewing, stitching, and crafting… so long as enough time is taken for walks and treats.
Shannon and Jason's Social Media Links: