**This workshop will be live streamed via Zoom.**
Join chef and teacher, Meloni Courtway for a pie 101 workshop. Working online from her kitchen, Meloni will guide and instruct you through the secrets to the perfect butter crust in your own kitchen.
This is a live, hands-on cooking class held in your kitchen via Zoom. Meloni will be teaching you how to prepare each recipe and promises to be as interactive as it would be in the BARN Kitchen.
Participants are asked to shop and do some minor prep in advance of the class. Recipes and an ingredients list will be provided before in the reminder email sent 5 days prior to the class start. Please look for this email.Required Home Equipment
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Pie pan
- Rolling pin
- Registration will close Wed., 10-14 at Noon.
- This class will be taught via the Zoom video conferencing program. For a great video on how to use Zoom, watch this tutorial.
- A link and recipes will be sent to the email you registered with to join the Zoom online meeting. Please watch for this email.
- In gratitude to our members for their continued support during the closures, BARN is offering all classes for free to BARN members through December 2020. Members are still responsible for paying materials and mailing fees, where applicable. If a class is full, please add your name to the wait list in case a space opens up or we are able to offer another class. Check our calendar frequently as more classes are being added each week!
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to apply.
Meloni Courtway is a professionally trained chef, published food writer and certified teacher of culinary foundations and consumer sciences at Woodward Middle School on Bainbridge Island. As owner of Courtway Catering, a small event company dedicated to making cooking skills and team building part of every kitchen, she taught intimate in home classes and large scale farm workshops, as well as catering events. She has written for Gannett and New York Times publications, and was one of the New York Times first paid food bloggers. Meloni loves working with kids and adults as they explore their own power and capabilities in the kitchen. She also loves pie.