**This workshop will be live streamed via Zoom.**
In March 2020, McNeel & Assoc. released the 6.0 version of their software Rhinoceros3D for Windows or Mac. This glitch free, 3D modeling software has been an industry standard for boat design, interior design, model making, furniture design, and jewelry design for 30 years.
This class, taught by a McNeel & Assoc. certified Rhino trainer, Gary Dawson, is a Level I Training for the Rhinoceros3D CAD application, suitable for beginning to intermediate users of Rhino 6. Students will learn to use the command pathways necessary to utilize this software in creating files for use with BARN’s 3D printers, laser cutter, lathes, and CnC routers.
Continuing additional classes in applying Rhino 3D files to run each different tool in the Jewelry, Metal Fabrication or Electronic & Technical arts studios will be required. Please watch studio calendars or subscribe to studio email alerts for upcoming classes by clicking here.
- This 7 session class will be presented through video live streaming.
- IMPORTANT: A link to join the class will be sent to you by the instructor before the start of each session. Please watch for these emails as the links will be unique to each session.
Students should have:
- A good working knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Ability to control a mouse or equivalent pointing device with precision.
- Students will receive an email from Rhino a few days after registering on how to download the Rhino software. All students will receive a full version for free. In the email you receive, please click the link to accept. That takes you to a Rhino3D sign in page where you create a user login. After you login to the group you see a link "view and download products available to BARN Rhino". From there you can download Rhino3D for Mac or Windows. After installing the software, when it starts up, you choose the option to sign in using the same username and password you created for the BARN Rhino group. You will then use that same login and password to start the program when the class begins.
Gary Dawson is owner of Gary Dawson Designs, an online custom design operation that was featured as a “Best of the Best” by Instore Magazine. Dawson has nearly 45 years experience in creating designs that capture the personalities and stories of his customers. "My 'thing' as an instructor, is that with over 40 years of designing and manufacturing, I'm quite keen on passing along the skills it takes to generate digital designs that can realistically be produced. I keep 'Manufacturing in Mind' in my instruction!"