Mastering favors from Mexican Mole to Indian Butter Chicken. Learn to make your own Masala, Green Curry & Harissa. We will explore various cooking techniques as well as the complexity of building flavors. Students will build on their culinary skills each day as the recipes require more ingredients and techniques.
Session 1 - Harissa is a zesty chili paste that’s a staple in North Africa and Middle Eastern cooking. Like masalas and curries, families guard their recipes. We will work with chili peppers and other ingredients to create a paste for roasting chicken.
Session 2 - Thai Green Curry. Building on your knife skills to chop, dice and julianne ingredients to create a fresh aromatic curry. Learning to make the perfect rice is also a vital part of this presentation.
Session 3 - Butter Chicken with homemade Garamond Masala - Tumruic, cardamom, fenugreek are a few of the spices we will discover in our journey to mastering this rich and flavorful dish. We will expand on our knife skills, make some naan and as well as learn to roast, simmer and braise
Session 4 - Mole Poblano with 17+ ingredients come together to make the king of Mexican sauces. All the techniques acquired in the previous classes will be used in this culmination of our final class. The canned stuff will leave your taste buds longing for the flavors in this camp.
Everything is made in the BARN Kitchen from scratch.
Age Level: Youth Class, Ages 12-17.
- Please complete and return this fill-able PDF minor permission form.
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to apply.
- If you have any questions, email email@example.com
- BARN reserves the right to cancel this class in the case of low enrollment and will notify families of this decision one week prior to the start of the class. A full refund will be given.
- Please bring an apron and a small container for sauces and a medium container to take home food.
- Bring a personal water bottle for hydrating during the class.
Marcela Sandoval is a classically trained Chef and has years of cooking abroad and instructing kids of all ages.