Return to Home
Brooklyn Jennings and Chad Nichols will show us how to make a modern, vegetarian, version of the traditional process of raw fermented kimchi. We will be using local, in-season vegetables and dried local peppers. We are excited about promoting the value of fermenting as a way of preserving the seasons natural bounty and flavor!
You will make Kimchi and bring home a jar.
Here's the shopping list of materials to bring:
- 1/2 gallon glass jar.
- 2 heads Napa and/or Savoy cabbage (not green cabbage)
- 2 #'s carrots
- 3-5 inches fresh ginger root
- 2-3 heads garlic
- 1 Daikon radish (medium sized) or 2 bunches of red radishes
- 1 bunch green onions/scallions
- 2 fresh spicy peppers, habaneros or Thai hot peppers are wonderful
- 1/4 c (or more) red pepper flakes
- Optional: fresh turmeric root, Japanese sweet turnips, red onion, baby bok choi, horseradish root.
- We'll bring the salt!
- Have fun shopping!
please bring check or cash of $5.00 for materials fee