WRITE HERE WRITE NOW
SORRY, THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
A unique, collaborative writers’ conference for all levels of writers with proceeds donated to benefit BARN Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network
Write Here Write Now will be a fun, fast-paced day of mini-lessons, one-on-one author conferences, and support from a host of local writers. Participants will experience camaraderie with a dozen or more Seattle7Writers who believe that writing (actually writing, not just learning about, talking about, or hearing about writing) is the key to writing well and getting published. Write Here Write Now is all about writing: with support, with tips and advice from friendly experts, and with the good cheer of a room full of writers.
Over the course of a few hours you will:
• Take part in four author-led Mini Writing Lessons
• Write for four sustained 30-minute blocks, designed to maximize productivity, alongside seasoned writers who will offer encouragement, support, and advice
• Meet one-on-one with an author who will read your excerpts, troubleshoot your ideas, doctor your plots, and otherwise help you develop your writing in a private 10-minute writers' consultation session
• Attend keynote opening remarks from bestselling and award winning authors Bruce Barcott and Claire Dederer
• Have an opportunity to bid by silent auction on a future coffee date with a local author
• Share breakfast and lunch with fellow writers
• Have all your questions answered at closing in a fun, informative, interactive, lightening-round Q&A
$77 includes continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, and, of course, coffee. A 20% processing fee will be applied to any cancellations before September 1. After September 2, no refunds will be made. (Registration is transferrable—someone else may use your spot with notification to email@example.com.)
Kathleen Alcala, Bruce Barcott, Erica Bauermeister, Lynn Brunelle, Bob Dugoni, Dori Butler, Carol Cassella, Megan Chance, Tara Conklin, Claire Dederer, Waverly Fitzgerald, Laurie Frankel, Mike Lawson, Jim Lynch, Donna Miscolta, Kevin O'Brien, Jennie Shortridge, Stephen Susco, Susan Wiggs, and more to come.
A nonprofit collective of Pacific Northwest authors who support local literacy organizations through programming, speaking, teaching, grants, and donations. Seattle7Writers' mission is to create connections between writers, readers, booksellers, and librarians.